Database Developer/Analyst, San Antonio, TX, US ID#19197
When your mission depends on quality health care, rely on a team who can deliver results. From cutting-edge analysis to optimized health programs, Cherokee Nation Healthcare Services (CNHS) can manage any size federal project. Federal clients who partner with CNHS improve their access to care, medical readiness and program efficiency. Wherever the mission takes you, CNHS delivers world-class solutions, on time and on budget.
The position will support business focused analysis for health care delivery systems/programs within the San Antonio market area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following:
- Analyses/studies are accurate, valid, complete, timely, relevant and consistent in order to be considered fit by SAMHS management for their intended use in operations, decision making, and planning.
- Develop, produce, and report new metrics, as needed, and maintain existing metrics.
- Develop and maintain training/reference materials for above deliverables.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Management, Statistics, Biostatistics or a related field plus two years of SQL programming (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS); SQL Server Database Administration experience with no less than one year of MS SQL programming experience; or MCDBA (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator) or MCITP plus two years of SQL programming.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Writes queries and stored procedures to generate data using Microsoft SQL
- Concepts and processes of managed care (both within the military and civilian environment) under TRICARE Contracts, revised financing, consult/referrals and appointment management, primary and specialty care delivery systems, ancillary support services, staffing models and experience with modeling all aspects of healthcare delivery.
- Data mining skills including proficiency using Business Objects, MS SQL SERVER, TSQL, (or other Oracle database mining tools), MS EXCEL, MS ACCESS, SSIS AND SSRS.
- Familiarity with how various systems (clinical, administrative, managerial, financial) interact to provide care within the medical environment ranging from the military treatment facility, the medical regions, the TRICARE Regional Office (TRO), the intermediate commands for the Army and Airforce (MEDCOM, AFMOA) and the Defense Health Agency. Familiarity with the health care delivery systems and the information systems used within the military treatment facility (e.g., CHCS, AHLTA, M2, MEPRS, EAS IV, MEDBASE, ICDB, MODS, RMS, and CarePoint) and other administrative an resources management systems used within the facility. Knowledge of policies and procedures related to the TRICARE program and the Health Services Support Contract (TRICARE Contracts, TRICARE Plus, TRICARE Prime, TRICARE for Life, Referrals and Authorizations, etc.)
- Familiarity with provider templates, empaneling processes, referral management, ancillary and other provider to support ratios. Able to identify and formulate patient flow models and develop the necessary metrics/statistics/flowcharts/etc. to support such analysis. Understand the processes related to the provision of ancillary services and be able to access, summarize, interpret and present such data.
- Familiarity with MTF Business Plans and their impact under the prospective payment/revised financing rules. Extensive knowledge of monitoring and identifying patient demand in the direct care system and the ability to monitor patient utilization on the network to identify areas for opportunity or recapture.
- Familiarity with health care optimization models to include: development of effective capacity models for empanelment and tracking enrollee utilization patterns, monitoring referral patterns, access to care, disease management and quality of care. Able to track, trend and identify opportunities for optimization and implementation of demand management strategies and modulation of referral patterns.
- Able to prepare, organize, and program) to include: editing, debugging, downloading, modification and maintenance) both routine and non-routine, ad hoc data queries from standard DoD databases that specifically include: CHCS, AHLTA, M2, MEPRS, EASIV, DMHRSi, RMS and CarePoint
- Understand Coding/billing processes sufficient to evaluate processes impacting revenue cycle management. Obtain a thorough understanding of the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) infrastructure and how the Medical Expense and Performance Reporting System (MEPRS) regulations, coding conventions and industry standard reimbursement regulations impact workload reporting and billing systems. Become familiar with DoD coding and billing processes, workload accounting and aggregation methods, reimbursement policies and budgeting methods.
- Able to collect, organize and model using statistical techniques that include: descriptive statistical measures (graphical and numerical measures): preparation and testing of research and statistical hypotheses; sample size determination; regression modeling. Write programs and/or create computer strategies to preform data collection, organization and statistical analysis using statistical program such as SAS, SPSS, or MINITAB.
- Capable of presenting training materials that can be used for explaining/presenting the concepts, policies and procedures relevant to optimizing the delivery of health care through improved data quality.
- Proficient with flowcharting tools such as VISIO; writing and presentation skills including expertise using MS POWERPOINT, MS WORD or equivalent.
- Data mining skills including proficiency using Business Objects, MS SQL SERVER, TSQL, (or other Oracle database mining tools), MS EXCEL, & MS ACCESS.
- Ability to work with multiple projects at the same time.
- A command of the English language and good communication skills are required.
Individual must be capable and willing to acquire a thorough understanding of all aspects of hospital operations, including clinical operations, nursing, administration, ancillary services, utilization management, quality assurance, risk management, patient administration, appointing and scheduling, consult and referral management, inspection agency requirements, information systems, billing/coding operations, Graduate Medical Education (GME) and other hospital sponsored training.
- Two years of data analysis experience
- Must meet all IT 2 requirements which include the Baseline Certification Comp TIA Security + qualification.
- Must have passed Microsoft Exam 70-762 Developing SQL Databases
- Employees must provide Computing Environment (CE) Certificates.
Have an active CAC Card or the ability to obtain one.
This position is primarily performed in a climate-controlled office setting.
About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal – a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses – is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2020 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.