General Engineer – Journeyman – Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA (ID# 18669)
Join the team who values your skills and expertise. From intelligence and cybersecurity to vulnerability assessment and mission assurance, Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs (CNSP) brings experience and results. Building on a reputation as a dedicated, disciplined and tightly-knit organization, CNSP supports DOD and other federal clients in their critical, strategic and operational programs. CNSP is looking for qualified talent to give our clients the support they deserve and the quality they expect from our team – a team of experts, like you.
Cherokee Nation Strategic Programs is part of Cherokee Federal – a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com.
CNSP is looking for a General Engineer – Journeyman to support the F-22 Formal Training Unit Beddown at Joint Base Langley-Eustis, VA under this Contracted Support Services contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the coordination of the 633d CES, candidate is responsible for the design, assisting with procurement, and implementation of all assigned F-22 FTU Beddown projects. F-22 FTU Beddown projects will range from the project management of small >$50K site projects to <$5M whole facility renovations.
- Validate the requirements for proposed design/construction projects through consultation with the customer, CE Programming, ACC/A5, AFCEC, IMSC, and HAF/A4C organizations.
- Engineer technical solutions for facility designs to include life cycle management, preventive maintenance, and monitoring through the use of contracted A/E services.
- Research for any needed technical solutions and respond accordingly.
- Interact with A/E firms providing project direction, project decisions, project feedback, project coordination, project scheduling, required base information, all engineering information, all CE information, schedule project reviews, manage all project review comments, and project final approval/recommendations.
- Provide weekly input for Weekly Activity Report.
This position will not have supervisory/management authority.
Education and/or Experience:
- Completed BA/BS or MA/MS degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Architecture, Community Planning, or related field,
- Minimum of three (3) years of related experience,
- Utilizing and applying computer software including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional-level certification and/or registration is recommended.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of engineering practices,
- Working knowledge of Quality Assurance and Quality Control principles,
- Working knowledge of federal and state codes/guidelines,
- United States citizen with a clear background for government security investigation with the ability to obtain a Clearance or Common Access Card (CAC)
- Ability to successfully pass a Drug Screen and Background Investigation.
Work is primarily performed in a secured federal office setting, a controlled office environment.
Working outside in a job site environment may also be required.
- About Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Federal – a division of Cherokee Nation Businesses – is a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies focused on building solutions, solving complex challenges, and serving the nation’s mission around the globe for more than 60 federal clients. Our team of companies manages nearly 1,000 projects of all sizes across the construction, consulting, engineering and manufacturing, health, and technology portfolios.
- Since 2012, the Cherokee Federal team of companies has won more than $5 billion in government contracts. Our 3,000+ employees work in 26 countries, 50 states and 2 U.S. territories.
- Why choose Cherokee Federal? Visit our website and learn about the great reasons to join our team. cherokee-federal.com
- Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please copy and paste the links to the following two sites: EEO Statement | EEO Poster; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf
- If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
- For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, please copy and paste the following link: Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision; https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
- We maintain an Affirmative Action Plan for proactively seeking employment and advancement for qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Upon request, we will schedule time to make our Affirmative Action Plan accessible. If you are interested, please submit a written request with the email subject line: 2020 Request to View Affirmative Action Plan to the Compliance Administrator at “CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com” This email box is not for resumes or follow up on job applications.